Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My friends the Odderos will be visiting the Bay Area later this year

Here are my recommendations to them about how to spend their trip. If you have additional ideas, please leave them in the comments.

A drive to the Muir Woods to spend an afternoon.

A ferry ride across the Bay.

Lunch at the Hog Island Oyster Bar in the Ferry Building. The Ferry Building in general is a must stop for me.

A look at the Bay Bridge come nighttime.

And then another look at the Bay Bridge come nighttime.

A drive out to Fort Point in the Presidio for a closeup of the Golden Gate Bridge.

A walk around the Presidio Park afterwards.

A tour of  the Palace of the Legion of Honor Museum.

A wander around the de Young Museum.

A stop by The Cheese Board in Berkeley. There are lots of wonderful options to try there.


A visit to Quince restaurant in San Francisco, where wine director David Lynch has placed many delicious wines on the list. Including this one, which was an Ar. Pe. Pe.


4 comments:

Hoshuya said...

If they're already on College in Berkeley they should go to Ici, best ice cream anywhere. Now, may I have a bottle of '78 Oddero for that bit of advice?

John said...

Can't go wrong with Swan Oyster Depot and the crab Louis.

Community Wines said...

I suggest taking in the view from one of the pull-outs on Grizzly Peak Blvd. It's a short distance from the Cheese Board and offers a dramatic view of the Bay.

isabella said...

Ciao Levi!

you are the best! Thank you so much for your suggestions and photos..
I think we can not miss the Hog Island Oyster Bar and the Presidio park, it looks great!
I would love to spend more time to visit the city! I will share my feelings after our visit.

Best

Isabella@oddero