Friday, July 29, 2011

Bottle Sizes

Recently, I've been opening up a lot of large format wine bottles. Big bottles. 1.5L's, 3L's, and the whatnot. As you know, wines from large bottles often taste better, and it's all very fun to share them with people. Frequently, guests have asked me for the "term" or name for the bottle size I am pouring, and truth be told, I often have trouble remembering past "magnum". So I decided to make myself a shorthand listing of the different names for the bottles, a kind of cheat sheet, that I could keep handy. And I thought I would share that sheet with you, just in case you find yourself in the same situation.

1.5 liter - MAGNUM


3.0 liter - THE SHOCKER

4.5 liter - JIM MORRISON IN A BATHTUB

6.0 liter - REFRIGERATOR PERRY

9 liter - CHRIS FARLEY

12 liter - HEAVY D

15 liter - KIRSTIE ALLEY

18 liter - TRIPLE WHOPPER WITH CHEESE

20 liter - OLD ELVIS

25 liter - DAVID BANNER

27 liter - JABBA

30 liter - MAMMA CASS
I hope you find the listing as helpful as I did!

1 comment:

Do Bianchi said...

nobody's getting fat cept for me and Mama Cass.