Sunday, July 24, 2011

With the tasting group

I finally got together with my tasting group the other day. I have to say, it's been awhile. We always say we are going to hook it up, but it can take awhile before we do. Probably that's alright, because I feel like most times we just end up talking about the same things we always talk about.

Bobby Brown's restaurant is listed with the SLA again. It's all cash on arrival, or no deliveries for Bobby. But this always happens with him. He's always on the phone with the distributors, like, "Don't Be Cruel!" but they have heard it so many times before, and they just don't care any more. In the end, it doesn't matter to anybody in the Accounts Receivable office if you used to lay down a sick Roger Rabbit backwards step dance or not. It's a shame, but it's true.
"All of these accountants talkin' all this stuff about me, why don't they just let me ship?"

Wyclef is still deep into his Burgundy obsession. He's really in bad with that. He was there talking about being shot down and the Burgundy bullet being in his soul. He said the alleged assailant was half a liter plus one. That dude Wyclef is always opening the magnums up at home. Hell, I'd be in trouble too if I tried to drink a magnum by myself. Premier cru or no.
"If death comes for me tonight, Barthod, I want you to know that I loved you.
If this is the kind of love that the old retailers used to warn me about, man, my wallet's in trouble, it's in real big trouble."

Will Smith is buggin' about his GM again. I guess the guy wanted Will to wear a tastevin on the floor, but Will was like "this ain't 1963. What are you doing, you're ruining my rep." But the GM was like, "you don't have a rep yet! You come to work to help, not for a fashion show." That's some tough stuff to hear, I have to admit.
Will was like there's no need to argue, GM's Just Don't Understand, and I definitely understood where he was coming from.
"At my first interview I was scared as hell, I said I don't have a license but I drink very well"
Anyway, it was nice to see everybody again, and we did try some nice wines.

No comments: