Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What are you doing on March 19th?

A Map of the Gironde, 1767. From the collection of the Bibliotheque nationale de France.
It turns out, and you probably didn't know this, I am really into wine. I know: soooo weird that I'm just telling you about this now. How could I have kept this strong feeling from you all this time? You, my loyal reader. And what else have I been hiding from you? I bet next you'll be wondering if in fact I am freakishly tall, or something so entirely not possible as that.

Anyway, I am really into wine, super into wine, and wine seems to be okay with me, too. So there's that. We are a thing, me and wine. We have a relationship. I admit it. We have been seeing a lot of each other, and it's been awhile now.

Really it all began when the La Mission Haut-Brion stayed overnight at my place. Before that moment I had been in a pretty much monogamous relationship with The Simpsons TV show. But after that evening, well, wine and I have been going steady ever since.

Turns out I'm ready to take our relationship public. I need to get it out there. I need people to understand. So I'll be talking about wine and Bordeaux, our time together, and what it means to me. I decided to let you know now, in case you'd like to be there. Hey, it's a love story, and who doesn't like one of those?

Maybe I'll see you on the 19th.

No comments: