Thursday, April 5, 2012

Liking Wine Comes Naturally

Recently, I taught a university course aimed at young students wanting to learn more about wine, and I was shocked to discover that no one in attendance wanted to argue about "Natural Wine". In retrospect, it would seem that wanting to learn about wine comes naturally, but the desire to argue about it is something we have to be taught to find. Perhaps there are other ways to talk about the subject that aren't explosive and defamatory. I know this last point sounds incredible, and you may not even believe it, but my own attempt to do so was recently recorded and I can share it with you .

I think it is possible to have this conversation intelligently and even humanely.

That being said, I may just go ahead and disable the blog comments  :)

No comments: