Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Brooklynguy on I'll Drink to That!

If you follow his blog and you probably do, then the picture above will most likely bring to mind some fond memories of well written and informative writing about wine. And information that you might not easily find elsewhere. When it comes to blogs that are on my own personal short list of must reads, Brooklynguy's is at the top.

That being said, I was really honored and pleased that I got a chance to sit down recently with Brook and talk about his blogging and wine experiences. You can find that conversation on the I'll Drink to That! website or on iTunes. Check out what Brook had to say, and if you have the chance, leave a comment and tell us what you think.


adam said...

I'm enjoying these interviews quite a bit. Towards the end of the interview, you both elaborate on an interesting point: In NYC (and I suspect in other larger cities) a lot of the "hip" wine lists seem to be following a template to the point where you see a lot of LDM wines, etc (I'm not sure what other importers you would include in this list). These importers have great wines, but you both lament what I can only assume is a lack of exploration or creativity on the part of some buyers?

It's interesting to me, because living in Florida, you see the same lack of inspiration, and a lot of boring lists that are very similar from place to place, but instead of importers with great wines you see a lot of boring stuff, fashion labels, etc. I would kill to be able to walk into several restaurants in FL and say, "Ho-hum, another list full of great thought-provoking wines." as opposed to trying to find a red that's under 15% abv, or ANY sherry/German/Austrian Riesling/Muscadet/something refreshing. I wouldn't think that the city would become so saturated. Share some with us :)

Levi opens wine said...


Thank you for your response. I think you make a good point.