Sunday, December 23, 2012

The unfinished blog posts of 2012, dos: A Procrastinator's Guide to Sherry Events in New York

Many times I start a blog post, and for whatever of several thousand reasons, never finish it. But rather than let these unfinished gems continue to languish in neglect, I've decided to share them with you in the remaining days of 2012. These are the unfinished blog posts of 2012. We come now to the Sherryfest promo. Apparently, I was trying to hype the event while also making it sound like it was already super popular, which is a tight rope to walk, that one. Got to sell those seats though, son. Clearly with this, I just ran out of time. Half the post was about being crazy busy. Actually, probably more than half the post was about being crazy busy. I was too busy to tell, apparently. I remember I was late for the first Sherryfest dinner, so busy was definitely going on. Why was I so busy then when I sure don't seem to be so busy now? Maybe I was trying to go to all of the portfolio tastings around town. Maybe I was trying to rewatch every episode of The Rockford Files. Hard to say at this point. Anyway, enjoy.

Well, it's Thursday. How did that happen?

It's been busy times over here at the So you want to be. I'll call you at 4pm but it's already 5, sorts of times. I know you know what I'm talking about, and that's why I'm talking to you. You probably live in New York, just like I do. And you probably don't like to wait for anything longer than I do, so it is lucky for the both of us that Sherryfest is almost about to happen. Or is basically happening already. It's more and more flor, if you read the tweets and the blogs on the subway like I do. Seems like everyone wants to be sharing their sherry positive sensibility. Which is cool, because the wines are good. And still underpriced. And crucially, at least to how I think about things, aged on somebody else's time. As I said, I'm busy enough already.

But what is it that these people are going on about in the fractional blend of tweets and twitter pics? Well, let me cut to the chase and tell you straight out: it's worth your time to find out. This is a very cool lineup of near full tastings and dinners and near full glasses, and it's going on near you. Here are the details. [...and that's where it ends. It was a baller lineup of events, though. Hope you went to one.]

No comments: