Friday, February 1, 2013

I'll Drink to Piemonte!

Two very amazing people contributed to today's I'll Drink to That! release, both vintners in the Piemonte, and listening to them again I felt like I was right back in their cellars for the harvest. It was an impressive lineup of visits that I got to make in late 2012, we stopped by several of my favorite winery addresses, and I am very happy that I can share more of that with you now. On the podcast today Marta Rinaldi of the Giuseppe Rinaldi winery discusses working with her dad, how she would serve a bottle of her own family's wine, and the particularities of the Brunate cru.

Then, as an accompaniment to today's release there is also a wonderful chat with Fabio Alessandria of the G.B. Burlotto winery, a man who is as erudite as he is friendly. Fabio talked about local grape varieties like Freisa and Pelaverga, offered his own view on the style of Cannubi, and divulged his own desires for his winemaking in the future. It was a very thoughtful and from the heart discussion that I was lucky to be a part of. And now you can be a part of that discussion too. Check out today's release of the show on the dedicated website, on iTunes, or on Stitcher if you are are Droid user.

These are incredible people making some of my most loved wines. I do hope that you give them a listen.

No comments: