Saturday, May 18, 2013

When I was poor

Back when I was a young sommelier, I was poor. Not pour, but poor. How poor was I? Well, I recently reminisced about the old days on twitter.

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor we used to drink Pascaline Lepeltier's 16 of may wine on the 18th, when it went on sale."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor we used to ask Michael Madrigale if we could take the empty Big Bottles to the recycling center for a refund."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we could only afford to go to Laura Maniec's Cava Campaign."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we could only watch Joe Campanale on two TV channels."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we drank at Pearl & Ash on the Bowery before there was a restaurant there."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we asked Aldo Sohm if we could wear a mason jar tastevin on the floor at Le Bern."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we thought Carla Rzeszewski was talking about Sherry from California."

"Growing up, my somm family was so poor that we asked Bobby Stuckey for a wine from Free-uli."

No comments: